Revised assignment 1: formal letter (descriptive reflection)

Dear Professor Brad

 

I am Teo Rue Hong from your effective communication class (T3) and the purpose of this email is to give you my self-introduction. I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic with a diploma in integrated facility management. The course ignited my passion for pursuing a degree in the sustainable infrastructure engineering (building services) programme offered by the Singapore Institute of Technology. 

During my polytechnic days, I was fortunate enough to be given the chance to work at The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore. I have discovered my strength in communication will be my ability to strike a conversation with people of all backgrounds. Having worked at The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore, I learned to be comfortable and professional while conversing with my guests. I have spoken to guests of various nationalities throughout my 5 months of internship. 

On the other hand, technical writing is clearly not my forte. I tend to over summarise information from any given article as I like to keep my writings concise. However, it always ends up sabotaging my content.

I wish to better hone my writing skills through this learning journey and grasp the idea of a good summary. This way, I can prevent myself from conveying any misinformation. On top of that, I believe my ability to sustain a professional conversation will be greatly improved. 

Back in The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore, I was groomed by professional working adults who put service above all. I was empowered to create memorable experiences for my guests at all costs. Through that, I have successfully overcome different language barriers with my guests, which differentiates me from many others. 

Effective communication is already an imperative in modern society and I look forward to learning the ropes from you. 

 

Best regards

Teo Rue Hong

Effective communication (T3)

 




   

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1: Formal Letter (Descriptive Reflection)

Revised assignment 2: Reader's response "Sensor Tech for HVAC"

Assignment 2: Summary & Reader's Response "Sensor Tech for HVAC" draft 2